Hey! Check Out These Cool Links
Believe it or not, something besides fingerstyle guitar exists in the world. I know, sometimes I forget, too.
This is a page of what I think are cool links. They may not all be about how to play the guitar. But they will all have something to benefit the fingerstyle guitarist.
New links will be added as they're discovered. The easiest way way to keep up with what's added is with a RSS subscription.
This info will tell you how to do that.
Check out these Cool Links.
- Bob Brozman wears many different hats. He is a dynamic musician and entertainer who is a formally educated ethnomusicologist. He's also one of the worlds pre-eminent authorities on National resophonic guitars. He appears in concerts and workshops all over the world.
In his travels he's noted the lack of basic musical supplies in some of the locales that he works in. Common everyday items like acoustic guitar and ukelele strings, thumbpicks and fingerpicks, small tuners, sets of tuning GEARS, bone nuts and saddles, bridge pins, and ukuleles.
He is now accepting donations of any of these items. He then ships them, at his own expense, to communities where they're needed.
If you'd like to help with this project, contact him at email@example.com.
- The Uncle Bob Project, another project associated with Brozman, shows musicians in the developing world how to build their own low-cost instruments. Click on the sound samples, you'll be amazed at the sound!
- I've started using a transcibing program called Transcribe! It let's me slow down a recording without the pitch of the notes changing. This has been really good for learning fingerstyle songs by ear.
They have it for Windows, Mac, and Linux systems if you want to check it out.
When I decided to build a website I wasn't sure where to start. After a lot of research I decided to use SiteBuildIt!
I chose them because I was such a newbie. But, as I got into it, I discovered that even some very net savvy people use it.
It's worth looking into if you've ever thought about starting an online business.
- Stefan Grossman's Guitar Workshop is a great resource for fingerstyle guitarists. I've used several of his
instructional methods in my own practice and have really benefited from them. Plus, they're a great value for the money.
- who-sang-that-song.com is a cool site. Have you ever tried to remember who recorded a song or what the exact title is? This site can help answer those questions.
- Guitar Repair
Bench A site dedicated to providing the best instructional articles about guitar repair, maintenance, and guitar building on the web, so you can repair your own guitars.
- TablEdit is a good source for free tablature. They also have a great music notation program. You should check them out.
- If you're looking to build repetoire, check out Dan C. Holloway's site. He teaches a wide variety of tunes arranged for fingerstyle guitar.
- Teach Yourself Piano - Learn how toplay the piano with free tips and tutorials.