FingerstyleGuitarLessons-10 is another one of our dynamic free online guitar lessons
This installment of our free online guitar lessons focuses on 3 finger picking. The easy guitar chords used are C, F, and G. The lesson also includes free video guitar lessons and acoustic guitar tabs. Let's take a look at what we've got.
This lesson is designed to do a couple of things:
- Develop a steady alternating bass with the thumb
- Develop a full even sound with the fingers
Focusing on these areas will help you accomplish this:
- Brush your fingers across the strings. The fingers motion moves from the floor side of the string to the ceiling side of the string.
- Use the left side of your fingertip as the finger points away from you.
- Grab the full chord even if you're only playing a portion of it.
- Try to get even volume from each string. One string shouldn't be louder than another.
- Use proper right hand and left hand position.
- Hold the guitar in the proper position
The techniques in this lesson are the basis for the next 2 lessons. They'll also help you when you begin playing tunes.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me.
You will need a TEF viewer to see the music for this lesson. You can download it free here.
Click this link to get the music.