This is the next lesson in this series of free online guitar lessons. All of the lessons in this series feature free video guitar lessons and acoustic guitar tabs.
The chords A, D, and E are used in this blues based chord progression.
This lesson uses the thumb, first and second fingers on our picking hand.
There are 3 main options when it comes to your picking hand.
These options are bare fingers, bare fingers with fingernails or fingerpicks. Experiment with all 3 options to see which one that you prefer.
With this exercise try to:
- Have equal volume with each note picked
- Have consistent tempo. Try not to speed up or slow down
- Grab the whole chord, even if you aren't playing all of the notes in it
- Have proper right hand and left hand position.
- Hold the guitar in the proper position
You will need a TEF viewer to see the music for this lesson. You can download it free here.
Click this link to get the music
That's about it for this free beginners guitar lesson.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me.
If you would like to be notified when new lessons are added, subscibe to our blog. It's easy to do and will keep you up-to-date with what's new at learn-fingerstyle-guitar.com.